Table of Contents
In just a weeks time we have another beta version for Godot 4.1 which includes some good bug fixes in preperation for July's stable release target for Godot 4.1 Beta 2 includes over 130 changes since Beta 1 last week. Head over to the changelog for a full breakdown on what all has changed.
A fair bit was added this release considering it's only been 1 week. Check out the highlights:
- Core changes to allow user's to disable thread safety checks.
- GDExtension updates to fix a number of crashes, but breaks compatibility with 4.0 APIs.
- GDScript gets improved Auto-Complete sorting using rules, which will help many who feel the auto-complete would behave strangely.
- GUI sizing fixes which should help in some situations, further testing on larger GUI projects would be good.
- Input fixes for pressed and released short presses.
- Shaders should be more reliable and crashing should be less frequent as the latest change address an issue that affects a large number of cases.
In addition to those highlighted, they also mention changes in the following categories:
Again, this is a large number of changes and a great step for 4.1's ready checks. Let's get in the action and head over to the download page and get the latest beta and start testing!